We are loving this easy vegan coconut sorbet recipe from Domaine.
And if you don’t have an ice cream maker, here’s how we do it without one:
Making Ice Cream Without A Machine from DavidLebovitz.com
1. Prepare your ice cream mixture, then chill it over an ice bath.
2. Put a deep baking dish, or bowl made of plastic, stainless steel or something durable in the freezer, and pour your mixture into it.
3. After forty-five minutes, open the door and check it. As it starts to freeze near the edges, remove it from the freezer and stir it vigorously with a spatula or whisk. Really beat it up and break up any frozen sections. Return to freezer.
4. Continue to check the mixture every 30 minutes, stirring vigorously as it’s freezing. If you have one, you can use a hand-held mixer for best results, or use a stick-blender or hand-held mixer. But since we’re going low-tech here, you can also use just a spatula or a sturdy whisk along with some modest physical effort.
5. Keep checking periodically and stirring while it freezes (by hand or with the electric mixer) until the ice cream is frozen. It will likely take 2-3 hours to be ready.
Soy is one of the most controversial foods in the world. Depending who you ask, some may call it a superfood while others consider it a toxin. It seems for every study supporting the benefits of soy there’s another revealing its harmful effects− making researching soy very confusing to consumers.
As a non-meat eater, soy products tend to find their way into my diet quite often, which led me to...
The launch of our new stick has yielded a bunch of incredible feedback. Please keep it coming! We thought we’d take a moment to answer two of our most commonly asked questions and let you know a little about our process of development.
What was that? MMT has a new stick deodorant?
Now, what you’ve all been waiting for– we made a Stick Deodorant! Applying deodorant with your fingers is a super thorough method of application, but we understand that it’s not always a good time for an impromptu pit massage. We’ve been working for two years to figure out how to bring it to you in stick form. The challenge? We wanted to avoid a plastic...