By relaxing muscles and connective tissue, massaging the face softens expression-induced lines around your eyes, lips and brows, helps expel acne-causing toxins and de-puffs and brightens the eye area. It also increases circulation, oxygenating the blood and encouraging the presence of fresh, healing red blood cells.
1. Start on the cheeks. Draw big circles using your fingers or knuckles, moving upward.
2. On one side of the face at a time, rub from the midjaw to the cheekbone with long upward strokes, pressing firmly for a moment at the top.
3. Work smile lines with upward strokes, from the corners of the mouth to the corners of the nose.
4. With your fingers, lift and hold both brows to open up the eye area. Rub in a circle around the eye socket out to the temples, eventually expanding to include the forehead.
5. To plump lips, use thumbs and index fingers to quickly pluck all across the top and bottom lip, which stimulates blood flow.
To be honest, everyone is going to have a slightly different idea of what ethically sourced means, which is why it's difficult to define. But most people understand ethical sourcing as sourcing ingredients and materials in a responsible and sustainable manner that considers the people and environment throughout the process.
Exfoliation is pretty simple, it's removing dead cells from the surface of your skin. It can be a confusing topic because of conflicting information on what products to use, how often to use them and why you use them.
We're always learning more about how our waste impacts our planet. Waste contributes to the pollution of our oceans and lakes, and it increases the greenhouse gas effect that causes global warming. The three R's aren't cutting it, so now we have the five R's; Refuse, Reduce, Reuse, Recycle, and Rot. Let's break them down.